- Please visit your stylist every four weeks (or as recommended by your stylist) to have your Evolve Volumizer retightened or reset. This process will keep your Volumizer in optimal condition and wearability.
- Brush your hair thoroughly a minimum of 2x per day with the brush provided. Begin at the base and move outward. This is important so that the hair doesn’t slip back through the holes. Every time you brush in this way, you are essentially retightening your Volumizer.
- To brush properly, hold the left side of the Volumizer in place while brushing the right side, then reverse the process. Always hold the base in place at the opposite side while you are brushing. Never brush or dry your hair upside down.
WASHING & CONDITIONING
- Many clients find that a benefit of wearing a Volumizer is that they need to shampoo less often. Others choose to visit the salon weekly for a shampoo and blow dry service because the Volumizer hair holds a style so well. Please remember that you have gone from a smaller amount of hair to a full head of hair. When shampooing and conditioning, we suggest that you use a low sulfate, mild shampoo and conditioner that is recommended by your stylist.
- Shampoo and conditioning should always be done in the shower and never in the tub or sink.
- Before washing, brush out all tangles. (DO NOT use a brush or comb with plastic pins. ONLY use the Evolve brush provided.)
- When hair is wet, ALWAYS start brushing or combing at the ends, working your way up to the roots.
- Wet hair thoroughly, then dispense a small amount of shampoo (no larger than a quarter) into your hand and rub your hands together. Apply the shampoo, via your hands, evenly throughout the scalp and ends.
- Gently wash the scalp using your fingertips only, without rubbing or massaging. Use your fingers in a forward and backward motion with short movements and lift the fingers as you move around the head.
- Rinse thoroughly! This is a very important step.
- After rinsing you will want to use a wet/dry brush to detangle. Began by brushing the ends of your hair first, and move in an upward motion closer to the scalp. Do not use the brush at the base of your head when hair is wet, as it could rip the base of the Volumizer if carelessly done.
- Squeeze your hair with a towel to remove all moisture.
- TIP: To decrease drying time, use a paper towel to squeeze excess moisture out of the ends. Also, giving your hair time to self-dry for a few minutes, while applying makeup, etc., will also cut down on actual drying time.
- A conditioner recommended by your stylist should be used after shampooing, following the same steps for application.
- To maintain high lift blondes, it is important to condition often.
- In some cases, salon treatments may be appropriate based on lifestyle and environmental conditions.
- DO NOT use hair regrowth treatments (Rogaine) while wearing a Volumizer.
- NEVER go to bed with wet hair.
- To smooth your hair you can use a hair dryer along with a brush and any recommended styling products, such as a smoothing spray. The product should be applied at the ends and mid-shaft and not directly at the base.
- If using a round brush, the size of the section you are working with should not be larger than the diameter of the brush.
- If your dryer has both hot and cold buttons, use the hot button to dry and cold button to lock the curl in place. When your hair is perfectly dry and the round brush moves through your hair with ease, use the cold button for about 30 seconds.
- Styling tools you can use are curling irons, heated rollers, steam rollers and curling tongs.
For Natural Curly
Follow Daily Styling directions, plus:
- Instead of brushing your hair right away, start by dampening your hair with a spray water bottle and a little bit of daily smoothing spray.
- Use your fingers to comb through your hair, this way the curls will stay nice and compact. If your hair has tangles, brush your hair from the ends upwards to the roots until all tangles are removed.
- Use a hair dryer with a diffuser to activate your curls and to shorten the drying time.
For Natural Body Wave
Follow Daily Styling directions, plus:
- After dampening your hair with a spray of water, push your hair upwards for optimal texture. Use a hair dryer with a diffuser for maximum wave effect and to shorten the drying time.
- When drying naturally, push your hair upwards to activate the waves again. Do not play with your hair while it is drying.
- While hair is still damp, use a daily smoothing spray and then a finishing spray.
- When completely dry, run your hands through your hair to separate the waves.
- When walking, hiking, at the beach or outside, we recommend that you cover your Evolve Volumizer, just as you would your eyes and skin, to protect it from the sun.
- It is not recommended to expose the Evolve Volumizer to high wind situations (motorcycles, fast boats, etc.) without covering up with a scarf or hat.
- Put conditioner in your hands and work through the ends of your hair and cover hair with a wrap.
- NEVER wear a swimming cap, as the lapping action of the water can get beneath the cap and cause matting.
- Before swimming, comb out any tangles.
- Try to keep most of your head out of the water.
- If you are a swimmer you may choose to put conditioner on the ends of your dry hair, before getting in the water, for added protection.
- NO DIVING WHATSOEVER.
- After swimming in chlorinated or sea water, rinse immediately. Condition the ends of your hair and start brushing or combing at the ends, working your way up to the roots.
- Squeeze dry with paper towel.
- Leave to dry naturally.
- Wash/condition hair as soon as possible as recommended.